Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today's theme....holidays.


O.K....I know what you're thinking....HOW IN THE HECK is that U G L Y thing related to ANY holiday???
Here goes.....AND I can thank Ron for the rubberized theme stretching.....he's a PRO....I'm still a rookie but ...trying.
Thanksgiving....in Canada anyway, is happening next weekend and this is a ......wait for it....................
............................ TURKEY Vulture.
He was on the road snacking on a road-kill rabbit when I was out with Jack for a walk...with a LOT of his gobbler friends.
Mostly they are very shy but once in a while...usually in the fall on a low pressure day, they come out in big groups with the Crows and act like they own the roadsides.
I got lots of pictures but this one was close....maybe 30 feet away , and not shy except when I got a little too close and it, as you can see. flapped at me.
With a face only a mother could love it nonetheless made a nice picture I think.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pass Ron....it means a lot coming from the King of theme-benders! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice capture of an elusive bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very colorful photo composition. I think it's great that even the roadkill serve to sustain another animal and they don't go to waste. And we can't all be beautiful/handsome either but we can always be useful!

    ReplyDelete