Sunday, August 21, 2011

The theme is vivid and I believe this qualifies.


These are called Devil's paintbrush although I'm not sure what the correct name is.
Around here, despite their lovely look they are considered a pest weed.
They grow everywhere and although they are easy to cut back they reproduce at a regular rate.
No matter....I LIKE them and their bright vivid colour is easy to spot miles away.
I don't often see bees around them so perhaps they don't supply a high quality or volume of nectar or perhaps they do the job later in the year when THEY seem to be the only flowers still blooming.

5 comments:

  1. I like these weeds too. You photographed these blooms beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully understand, love these flowers (and your shot) too.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vivid color as long as it isn't in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is one of my favorit colors..and I love the form of these blooms also. I think they're one of the prettier weeds...if you have to give them a label.

    ReplyDelete