Thursday, July 7, 2011

Springtime chore.....done for another year....Thank God!


This is a TINY section of my woodpile.
Cutting down trees ( about 30 each spring ) and blocking, splitting, drying and then stacking used to be a family job.
Now that the kids are gone....it's a one-man job.....'with a little help from my friends'....as the song goes.
Each piece represents some welcome heat this upcoming winter....when it will be much appreciated and I'm sure you're heard the old country saying....."Wood warms you twice.....once when you cut it and again when you burn it."

5 comments:

  1. Great Geometric display, I can almost smell the sap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only have you provided warmth for next winter, but probably some shelter for a few grateful critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures and patterns in the wood pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great textures and shapes...and I am glad this is done (well, until next year)! I say buy the logs lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting patterns and textures. Nicely captured!

    ReplyDelete