Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's just beneath the surface.


I took this picture this morning and liked it immediately.
For some maybe it has a cold and dead look but for me it plays with the truth that so much of life is hidden beneath what is layered on top and obvious.
As always, comments and critique are most welcome.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

Winston Churchill

7 comments:

  1. I love aged wood and aged tree roots are even better.
    My favourite Winston Quote is when Lady Astor screamed from the gallery "Mr Prime Munuster, if I were married to you, I'd put POISON in your tea!" to which he replied, "Madam were I married to you I'd Drink It!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....he sure had a caustic sense of humour and but was good for Britain...then anyway.
    Thanks for the comment. I too love stumps and roots and we sure have LOTS of them up here so maybe I'll do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures of the old wood both above and below the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Lois - nice contrasting textures above and below the surface. And that water is so clear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There'a a delightful,curious creepiness about this piece of driftwood with some of its roots more visible than others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I want to dip my toes in...I keep envisioning snakes for some reason lol Very nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the depth that can be perceived beneath the crystal clear surface. I half expect to see a fish swimming by that stump.

    ReplyDelete