Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beautiful Blue Jay


I LOVE Blue Jays....I don't know why 'cause they're sassy as heck but I love their spirit and attitude.
We usually have lots in the spring but this year we had a HUGE crop of Blackbirds and Red winged Blackbirds and these two groups don't seem to get along well.
The Blackbirds have mostly gone and as a consequence ( maybe ) the Blue Jays are back.
I took lots of pictures but this one grabbed me because he seems to have a pensive look.....and yes....I know the lawn needs mowing....again!!

7 comments:

  1. Blackbirds have arrived here. I like the voice of Blue Jays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have them! are they the same Bluebirds featured in the song "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" from the Disney Movie song of the South?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such pretty looking birds, and I like the fact that they have attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully captured! I love how pretty they are,but hate how aggressive they are at the feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big beautiful aggressive birds . . . nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ours aren't back in the area yet. Need to get my feeders washed and restocked for the fall. I love bluejays!

    ReplyDelete