Friday, September 2, 2011

Roadside vista


I took this shot quickly the other day on my way to visit my youngest son in a nearby city...small one.
I have no idea what the crop is but the sun hitting them made them positively glow on a beautiful sunny day.
I would guess it is a second cut crop but I'm willing to be corrected by KarenAnn ( Simple Little Pleasures | my 365 photo challenge for 2011 by KarenAnn ) who probably knows much more than I do.
In any case it looked quite lovely and definitely worthy of a shot and as I took it hurriedly from my truck window it definitely qualifies as 'roadside'.
Cropped and sharpened.

8 comments:

  1. Looks painterlt - HDR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool for a quick stop and snap... there isn't a single thing I don't like about this photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope...not HDR...just sharpened with Topaz if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dimension the topaz gave this beautiful composition! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and lines in this roadside view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...I'm not the crop police! But it appears to be some sort of small grain crop (barley, wheat, oats, rye) swathed down and waiting for the combine. Difficult to tell from this distance. But regardless, this is a wonderful photo with just the right "crop" to give it an expansive feel and just the right processing. This type of cloudy sky is my absolute fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone and thanks to KarenAnn for the crop info....you're probably right and I loved the rich colour of it...whatever it is.
    I have to admit I DO love Topaz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done panorama.

    ReplyDelete