Saturday, September 17, 2011

Black and white conversion.


This is a long abandoned farmhouse not far off the road in a tiny town-no-more called Ouellette.
I made a trip out there the on my day off as it was VERY sunny and I wanted some high contrast pictures of it.
Within my memory here...about 25 years I can not remember it being occupied in any way.
It's actually amazing that this building, probably about 100 years old, is still standing and surviving the often harsh snow-laden winters without falling down.
I hope there aren't the last pictures of it but I know it will fall some day.
This colour image was modified using software that 'tries' to recreate it as a lithograph rather than a true B/W but bending themes is what we're all about eh?
Let me know what you think of it please.

4 comments:

  1. Looks far better enlarged, were you scared to get closer? Is it that kind of old house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old, neglected building does make a fine image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pale blue-grey sky behind the farmhouse. I tend to think of the story behind scenes like this...who used to live here, what were their dreams and what caused them to leave. Your term town-no-more fits many places around my neck of the woods too. There are many "almost" town-no-more's too...sad in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mission accomplished with high contrast! I agree with gerberbaby1 about that fabulous blue gray sky - this is a framer for sure!

    ReplyDelete