Monday, September 26, 2011

Dusk...the other night and it REALLLY did look like this!


I took this picture about 3 days ago but I've been fairly busy at the lodge and had to use a pic not taken today.
This picture is EXACTLY as it came out of the camera except I cropped it smaller...as usual ....on account of my dialup...darn it.
We're supposed to be getting high speed....sometime but I won't hold my breath...just in case.
Northern lights look very close to this but this is just a VERY late sunset. Hopefully I'll see some northern lights when/if they arrive.....and IF they're nice this year 'cause they're not always that spectacular.
I just checked the camera information and it was taken at 7:42.....almost sundown here....hence the rich colours.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have prepared a proper offering for the aliens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning image!
    This could have been used for the "V" theme also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is about the sixth or seventh time I've tried to comment on this photo as my comments would vanish on Blogger when I tried to post. Now I want to say this photo leaves me speechless with its beauty and unusual sunset...since I don't recall what my original comment was going to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the blog problems KarenAnn....I don't think it's this end but you never know. Thanks for the kind words at any rate.

    ReplyDelete