Saturday, September 24, 2011

Water.....one of my favorite pastimes.


This is from the shore of a tiny nameless lake about 1/2 k m from my home.
At the top of a dirt road going to a selection of summer homes belonging mostly to out-of-towners that I see very little of and NEVER during the winter....or really the fall.
Kept plowed because of 1 or 2 locals on the road it's an IDEAL place to walk with Jack and my camera.
The lake is only about 3 or 4 acres in size so there's not much in the way of fish in it and subsequently nobody is much interested in it.
I use it as my exploring place and where I will drop my canoe in for a quick evening paddle.
I tried to purchase the lake and the land around it a few years ago ( it would have been VERY cheap ) but it's crown land and therefore NOT for sale.
Too bad for me.
Good for recreation for me however as I've NEVER seen anyone else on it....ever!
P.S. Crown land is land owned by the government in Canada and USUALLY is not for sale.
I call it Lake Wayne...LOL

6 comments:

  1. Anyway, seems to me you are living in a paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Crocogator territory to me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am glad to know that this is too far north for the crocs that Ron refers to! Such a perfect land/waterscape composition...great foreground, reflections,a middle ground that frames nicely, and THE perfect cloudy sky. Yes, a piece of heaven....the Lord is my shepherd and the green pastures don't necessarily have to be PASTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What a wonderful place to canoe on a warm fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So peaceful and beautiful...I could sit here and stare at that pond all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lake Wayne looks idyllic!

    ReplyDelete