Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Coiled


I looked LONG and HARD for a prime rattlesnake to put up for this theme but apparently they're aren't that many around here....then I got REALLY lucky!!!
There....just sitting on the ground for anyone to see was a coil of barbed wire!!
WHAT A FIND...and darn near perfect for the theme so there it is....in all it's rusty glory.
Knowing full well about it's sharp edges and dangerous reputation I stayed well back....using the distance of my 200 mm lens to put me in a safe location and despite it's ferocious reputation I managed to grab a bodacious close-up shot for your pleasure.

5 comments:

  1. And it captures your good points so well LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've even got the two "fangs" on the piece of barbed wire sticking up in the right corner. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though snakes have their place in life I am glad you shot this for the theme! Like the natural grunge and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the texture of this photo and its variations in grungey rust. Do you have rattlers where you live? Yikes, if you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No rattlers here KarenAnn but there are some a few hundred miles south of here called Mississauga Rattlers.

    ReplyDelete