Monday, September 5, 2011

So restful I sat on the grassy ditch and just watched him.


I took this picture and 3 others more or less the same the other day.
I went for a quad ride down my road to a bush road I often use to explore.
Just beyond my usual turning off place I noticed a horse in a neighbour's field and I'm sure he doesn't own a horse.
I still don't know whose horse it was but it looked SO content and relaxed just enjoying it's meal well back from the road and traffic ( such as it is here ) that I got off my quad and just sat there for about 1/2 hour looking at it and pondering what an easy and peaceful life it seemed to have.
The sky was perfect and it turned out like a sort of 'postcard' pastoral scene I used to paint.
I hope the peaceful feeling comes across to you as well.

6 comments:

  1. Some of us just sit and think! - Others just sit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that horse sensed the peacefulness of that beautiful area....I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serene...with all my favorite elements...a horse, beautiful cloudy sky, and lovely landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreement with everyone's comments including yours, this does look like a postcard.

    ReplyDelete