Monday, September 12, 2011

S.W.A.T. Team callout narrowly averted.


The other day I was off to see my buddy 'cause his dog had gotten sick with something and at that time the prognosis wasn't good...( it has since improved ).
Just before I reached his house the road was blocked with these dairy cows belonging to his father-in-law who was out there ( aged 86 ) directing the cows towards the BRAND NEW hole in the fence, ....and be dammed the HUGE traffic pileup created by their taking up the whole road.....well....actually...just me as it happened, but it COULD have been a major incident.
I waited while he directed them and with no more than a quick nod....he cleared me to pass....WHEW....another potential incident done and done.
Taxpayers saved a bundle as we avoided having to call out the S.W.A.T. Team.
As can be seen in the picture Mr. Brubaker had the welcome aid of a helpful cow...who appears to be telling the others which way to go.

6 comments:

  1. Directly quoted from Animal Farm, "Four Legs better than two, (Or four wheels.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's nice to look at on a picture, reminds me of my childhood, when cows walked down the street ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leader cow should get extra hay for the effort it took to direct the wayward cows back to their field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thunk a cow jam!
    Glad your buddy's dog is improved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never came across a cow crossing before...now that is a major traffic blockage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when our cows get out. It seems like forever before my husband can get home from his desk job to deal with the situation. The dogs and I just hold them (or try) in the yard and try to keep them off the highway...very nerveracking! Our neighbor's heifers got out in our cornfield this summer and since it was 100 degrees out, wouldn't move...caused enough damage to file an insurance claim. These cows look like they're enjoying a "Sunday stroll".

    ReplyDelete