Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freeze Frame X 2....'cause I couldn't make a decision.



I took these shots yesterday afternoon mainly because KarenAnn's dog Stella Joy is so darn cute and works those sheep so well.
WELL....my dog Jack is smarter still!
Here he is working.....wait for it....
GRASSHOPPERS!
YUP...he sees or hears them and he jumps straight up in the air.
He does it many times when we go walking this time of year 'cause the hoppers are active and anyway there's little else for him to herd.
I hadn't thought of getting a picture but a working dog is a working dog so set the 60D to 1000th of a second and got 2.
I couldn't decide which to post so i posted both.....you decide.
One is higher but the angle on the other is more attractive.
And by the way...this is genuine...he actually does this, it's not a Photoshop trick!

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing foxes do this to capture voles on the Discovery channel, The total airborne shot is spectacular, but not as cute as Stella Joy LOL. My cat (Snow) banged on the front door yesterday with a grasshopper in her mouth about 4-5 inches long. Great White hunter strikes again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!!
    Never seen a hopper that size yet.
    Ours are 2-3 inches...with pretty smiles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are smart and curious! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he might jump higher than a grasshopper lol My dad had a britney that pointed butterflies lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second one - more sproingy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Jack must keep you laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack certainly knows how to jump alright, does he crunch on the grasshoppers when he catches them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope....the sound and movement seems to drive him nuts so he just chases them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you Wayne glad you posted both. His nickname should be Jumpin' Jack Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some super photos here of the pouncing action. I love it when dogs do that as if they are on springs. I haven't been lucky enough to catch Stella's pouncing (she loves hoppers too) but I sure hope I can get some shots as wonderful as yours! Will have to wait now as my 50D is at the repair shop...shutter issues.

    ReplyDelete