Sunday, August 14, 2011

Airborne something....maybe an Eagle.


I was on my way to the dump 2 days ago when I spotted this fellow WAY up in the sky.
For those aviary enthusiasts out there please tell me what this is.
We do have Eagles around here but they're usually over lakes. We also have large Turkey Vultures but the are coloured differently I believe.
In any case he was WAY up....at the end of my 200 mm and then cropped severely so the picture would look correctly proportioned.
Aside from that no colour correction or anything else done.

3 comments:

  1. first, great capture. hard to say what this beautiful creature is but the white head... could it be an eagle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That silhouette against that blue sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to say what kind of bird this is, if not an eagle, could be a buzzard eventually
    Tony

    ReplyDelete