Thursday, August 18, 2011

On a farm.....well .... a tiny one.



This farm is about 3 km down the road from me where they breed miniature horses.
I don't know what they would be good for but I suppose they're cute.
Smaller than a pony they are proportioned differently as well having very short legs compared to the rest of the body.
They have quite a few of them...the bottom picture shows part of the 'herd' and I managed to persuade one to come close enough to take a decent picture.
Had I looked closer I might have waited a bit but as it was.....well........boys will be boys I guess.

6 comments:

  1. They are cute and very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! You need to talk with Painted Meadows - Rhonda raises mini's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie...I love those minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people like the minis or the smaller equines because they are easier to handle and eat less, yet they can still get their horse "fix". These small guys can pull an adult in a cart quite easily. You have nice photos of them enjoying their pasture life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen this sort of horses. Very nicely done pictures of them!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete