Monday, August 8, 2011

Home.....to something.


I'm not sure who inhabits this 'home'.
I pass it every day but it's a little too far across the swamp to see well.
Yesterday I ventured closer...as close as I could, and discovered the hole.
It certainly might be a woodpecker but many of these are abandoned by their creator and later occupied by other species.
I've seen nobody in it this year but maybe It's just been the wrong time.
It was VERY shadowed by something so I had to lighten and crop a lot.
Still and all it turned out alright I think.
The tree is a standing dead Poplar looking like the top piece has broken off some time ago.
Hopefully I'll find it's tenant home one of these days.

4 comments:

  1. To many in different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep watching and carrying your camera . . . you never know when the occupant will appear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me wanting you to camp out in front of that tree...dying to know who or what has made that it's home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll wait for you or Tammy to grab a shot of who ever is inside that cubby! Dead trees have great stories.

    ReplyDelete