Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not 'exactly a 'fencepost' but still..................................


I saw this on the side of the road the other day and realized it had once been used as a fencepost.
It's not a very common thing around here as my guess would be that this is an old Alder and they grow quickly so using it as a post would result in torn wire or loose strands in a few years...not the usual farmer's style of job.
This was quick 'n dirty.....like a 'weekend' farmer.
Not pretty the way the barbed has cut into the flesh of the living tree.
Quite severely cropped as I didn't know this landowner so I took it from a distance.

2 comments:

  1. What a find...I love the texture in the post and the varying colors of grass which surrounds it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of texture in this unusual fence post.

    ReplyDelete