Friday, August 19, 2011

Sky-High Highrise....country style!



I took this yesterday out walking on an abandoned logging road with my wife.
We took lots of pictures and generally enjoyed some of the maybe, last really hot days of summer.
The end of August up here means the geese will fly in a few weeks...maybe sooner and any day the pool will need to be winterized.
Tractor equipped with the snowblower and wood covered and primed for use.
I enjoy the winter but I still enjoy the lazy last days of the hot summers as well and seeing them go makes it seem all the more fleeting.
Luckily Fall is my FAVORITE season so I still have that to look forward to.
This tree had a large number of holes...woodpeckers or others and reminded me of city days gone by with their high rise buildings.
This is OUR version of a high rise.

5 comments:

  1. We don't have woodpeckers but tomorrow I will match your post too, as I have a shot that has to be somethings home, Love your High Rise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask where the liftwell was, but I see that it's strictly fly in and fly out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story and the mood it is delineating ... I am born in Fall, but I do love Springtime best, Fall means for me kind of farewell.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to have that high rise view! We still have more than a few days of summer, thank goodness! Fall is my favorite time of year as well, but it means that winter is getting awful close AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really feeling like fall here in our area too. The seasons seem to roll around so fast! I'm ready to enjoy a long fall. Looks like the view from the penthouse of this hi-rise would be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete