Sunday, August 7, 2011

R.R. # 2


This is a typical rural road up here....this or dirt.
Hard surface....liquid tar poured over fresh gravel just this year and it won't last 4 years....but what the heck.....it keeps people from visiting...'casually'.
If I had pointed the camera in the other direction it would have been more of the same.
My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and the next is another.
I can neither see my neighbor nor the road from my house and I have to say I do prefer it that way.
I've done my time in cities and I love it here....it's where I belong.
It'll be awkward finding 'subjects' for some of the photo themes....but...unless there's a 'highrise' one....I'll muddle through.
80 degrees and humid today....hence the mist in the distance.

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful clear dof and I love the leading line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a roller coaster ride down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've found the perfect retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess....after a business in a city...I MUCH prefer the country.
    Clean air and ( mostly ) sane and not neurotic people.

    ReplyDelete