Saturday, August 27, 2011

Every day sight......like sunrise.


No matter what the weather has been this summer one bird is ALWAYS around......the doves.
We have about 3 regular pairs.
Other birds come and go...or prefer certain feeders or certain seeds or certain times of day .
Some won't feed from the spilled seeds on the ground or are so skittish it must be agony for them but the doves are always there....seeming to prefer to feed from the spilled seeds and only perching to rest....tired from eating one presumes.
Not much scares them and when the other birds are frightened away or finished for the day I can count on the doves to STILL be there....munching away.
First ones in and last ones out.
Ya gotta love them!
This one is perched on the handle of my lawn mower after a rain the other day.

8 comments:

  1. You'd think it would trim the lawn while it was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have bo other way to contact you.
    Ref the software Both shots have Photomatix plastered all over them. with both images I did bracketing (3 Shot) two brackets one plus and minus 1 stop then a second plus or minus 2 stops

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful shot! What kind of dove is it? So small, never seen before.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listening to the doves cooing has to be one of the best sounds in life. Our normal doves in Oz are more greyish, this one looks to be an olive shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony,
    According to my Ontario Birds book it's a Mourning Dove and Jack...yes...usually they are a much lighter shade of Gray here as well.
    Not sure if it was this particular one or the lighting this rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed watching the Mourning Doves. They are so caring of their mates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is waiting for you to mow so that it can get at the seeds on the ground. I love the soothing cooing that they make. Nicely photographed too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tons of these at my feeders...and this year I even had babies! I just love their gentle nature!

    ReplyDelete