Sunday, August 14, 2011

The GREEN was as high as a Moose's eye.


This was taken the other day heading out to survey my bush road condition.
I haven't used it since the spring when I did my wood so it has overgrown a tiny bit!
It's definitely fun to blast along the road as I know it so well there's not much risk ....BUT..the occasional fallen tree over the trail is GOING to be there...it's just a question of where...and how well I happen to be hanging on at the time.
This time there were three in the first 1/2 mile but they were all laying on the ground...nice and flat....so no drama.
Anyone wanting to accompany me back is more than welcome...it'll help flatten down the trail so in winter the snowshoeing will be more enjoyable.
I can hardly wait!!!

6 comments:

  1. I think I will pass on that adventure...sounds a little bumpy and who knows what you might run into in that jungle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ride down your trail sounds a little to adventurous for me. But after sitting alongside of a busy highway in a disabled (do to bad gas) Triumph yesterday, I would much prefer the bumpy ride in moose eye high grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be just kind of jungle ... with lot of work to do.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of moose's eyes...do you ever encounter them on this path (alive that is)? Take care you don't catapult off one of those logs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ or 3 years ago we had one in our backyard...but really we only ever see them on the road when the flies in the bush are bad.
    Ia a previous post here I have a pic of a young one crossing the road almost in front of my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This years fallen trees = next years heat! Sort of miss cutting and stacking wood, really miss the smell of the wood stove stoked up.

    ReplyDelete