Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tractors....just some of them.


This is my friend and neighbour Marc's farm from his front field.
He has a fair amount of tractors....more than the # of kids he has to drive them anyway.
He has another large one somewhere off the picture as well as an antique one for show.
He had this many lined up today so it'll do.
I only have about 80 acres, mostly trees and water while he has 10 times as much which is nearly ALL under cultivation.
One of these days I'll go visit and get some REAL farm pictures from his large and prosperous dairy operation.

9 comments:

  1. If he keeps bees too, that would make it the land of Milk and Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the silos with the colorful tops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those candy striped silo domes really stand out, why does he need so many tractors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question Jack...not sure but as you can see with the silos he does mostly silage I guess tractors stay attached to wagons and equipment rather than disconnecting and reconnecting.
    Changing tractors can be done alone.
    He does hay as well so often it can't be mowed until time/weather/help/space is available and I see wagons loaded and still attached to tractors.
    Probably though,like most farmers everywhere they NEVER throw anything away so they accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad seeing here a whole farm, and I agree with Gisele: Love the colors of the domes.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  6. A different tractor for every need . . . that way if one breaks down there is always another to take its place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tractors pale in comparison to those colorful silo domes. Speaking from experience, you can never have enough tractors...one to power an auger, one on a wagon, one on a rake, one with your loader etc...and of course one with a flat tire or broke down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red and white tops of the silos (if I had to guess I would think they were cheering on our Husker college football team)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading your post I realized the silos were not the theme but like everyone else they are eye catching. Tractors are big boy toys for farmers, they start with one to get chores done, then like rabbits there are so many more.

    ReplyDelete