Friday, August 12, 2011

You'd never guess they were wild.


This year, as almost every year since we moved here 25 years ago we had a large crop of lawnbunnies .
They treat our front lawn as if it's their personal playground and surprisingly over the years none of our dogs bothered with them.
They are getting bigger these days but when they were tiny they were DEVASTATINGLY cute....should have gotten some pictures then I guess but there's always next year.
This one, unlike most of the others, came over to the feeder and checked out the seeds that had fallen.
Usually they just munch contentedly on the grass ( it's my excuse for not mowing as often as I should ) and just hang around, although you might think he's either pretty big or my grass is REALLY long in this picture. It IS a little long but he IS pretty small as well.
This might balance the unpleasant set of pictures a few days ago....I hope.
We have critters a'pleanty so I'm sure I'll manage to include, before the year is out, some of the wild stuff in the area.

5 comments:

  1. Rabbit is selling over here for $20 a kilo, it's not something that's on my menu though, but kangaroo is very nice when it's cooked right, guess you're not likely to see any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As cute as they are they sure can be pains...this year our rabbit population doesn't seem so bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bunnies might be cute, but they are so destructive. Sure wish they would find another lawn other than ours to dig their holes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to all of your critters, love the "wild stuff area" ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So enjoy your story telling. If you get enough in the lawn you won't have to mow at all.

    ReplyDelete