Saturday, August 20, 2011

Faceless


I took a small trip by quad the other day to a small, hard-to-get-to lake with no name which I named after my son.....who can argue with me?
There are some gigantic Pike in here although in the last few years they have been replaced by some pretty nice Largemouth Bass.
I prefer the Pike because it tastes better although it's a little more finicky to fillet on account of the 'Y' bones.
Bass give you a better fight and like to jump so I toss them back and catch them another day.
There are only a few hardy locals that know about the lake and can get to it so it's pretty well stocked.
If I catch anything worth showing I'll post it here but don't hold your breath...I'm not the world's best fisherman.
This is one end of the lake which is about 2 k long.
Cropped and a little Photoshopping to fill the helmet face.

6 comments:

  1. Nice thinking out of the box. Looks like paradise to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective of this treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture ... what, if out of the helmet would be seen the face of the owner?

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fish story, lol. Creative fulfillment of Faceless Portrait. Look forward to seeing pics of the lake and catches of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A secret lake with no official name,well stocked, accessible only by quadbike, sounds like a little piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! Fresh fish! and with scenery like that, it must make for a wonderful respite from some of the drudgeries of life.

    ReplyDelete