Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Buzy Bee


I took this yesterday when the weather was nicer than today.
We're getting at least 'close' to the end of the hot summer and the bees are gathering all the nectar they can in preparation for a long winter.
I saw these and HUNDREDS more attacking these plants.
I'm not absolutely certain but I think they are milk weed plants and I gather that either all the choice nectar is already gone, taken or dried up OR this stuff REALLY is good.
If you look closely you'll see 5 bees in the picture.....AND a 'special' guest......looks like maybe some kind of 'referee'.
The theme is insects.

3 comments:

  1. Great colours in these blooms, as for the referee surely you're not referring to that puny little spider like creature that I think I can see on that upright middle leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one....BUT...it's a female....'nuff said?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the theme well covered in this beauty of an image!

    ReplyDelete