Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weathered......and pretty old as well.


I was out on my quad a few days ago and pretty deep in the woods on a VERY unused road I spied an old cabin.
As it happened I met the farmer on the way out who owns the adjacent land and I asked him what he knew about it.
He remembered when he was young that it was then occupied but he couldn't remember who or when.
As to it's age he guessed somewhere about 100 years old or so.
I'm pretty sure that cedar shakes as a siding for a building was a LONG time ago as today they are INSANELY expensive.
I loved the texture and the weathering so I grabbed a snap.
Hope you enjoy the little story as much as I did.

4 comments:

  1. I would have taken a snap for the very same reasons you did. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weathered shakes have such interesting textures and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great textures and shades of brown.

    ReplyDelete